The Local Offer is a brand new statutory duty for all Local Authorities and all Local Authorities have been working hard to find the most effective way to respond locally.
This means all Local Offers are likely to look quite different, at least for the next months. Below is information on our neighbouring counties, with links to their Local Offers. We will be working with our neighbours over the coming months to join up the information we each hold about services that affect our local residents.
You might find this information useful if:
- you live near to the border of another county
- you live in Wiltshire but your child or young person is registered with a GP in another county
- you live in Wiltshire but your child or young person attends a school in another county
- you live in another county but are registered with a Wiltshire GP
Bath and Northeast Somerset
The aim of Bath and North East Somerset’s Local Offer is to enable children, young people and families to find out about support that they may not have known was available and access further information about the new Education, Health and Care plans, Personal Budgets, as well as support available that does not require a statutory assessment.
Dorset are developing a Local Offer to capture information on local service provision, including:
- Nurseries, pre-schools and childminders
- Schools (including special schools)
- Colleges, universities and apprenticeships
- Health and Social care
- Leisure activities
- Any other services for children and young people who are disabled or have SEN
- Funding for children and young people who are disabled and who have SEN
- Services, facilities and activities group’s local offer to meet the needs of children and young people
The Gloucestershire Local Offer offers information for parents, in a single place, which helps them to understand what services they and their family can expect from a range of local agencies – including their statutory entitlements; and make clear what is available for their child from early years settings, schools, colleges and other services, including health and social care.
Hampshire County Council is committed to working with parents/carers and young people to develop a meaningful and useful Local Offer for families living in Hampshire. They have invited local organisations, bodies and service providers to submit information about the services they offer and are working with parents and young people to develop and improve this information.
Oxfordshire have developed a Local Offer information service covering:
- Parent/carer support
- Activities for disabled children and young people
- Moving into adulthood
- Health and medical matters
Visit Somerset’s Local Offer
Swindon have captured an A-Z of services and sources of support for families in the area, including things to do, legal and money advice and local sources of support.
West Berkshire have created a database of services available in the local area, searchable by age and location.